Friday, August 26, 2011

August

The last post, "'Jake and the Neverland Pirates' Birthday Party" was probably the first post without a single mention of Carlee.....lol   Thought I'd do some catching up for everything else that has happened so far this month.  You can definitely tell summer is coming to an end.....

The Geo Prizm hit 300,000 miles back on the 10th! amazing!!  Truly wish all vehicles were made like this.  It's a '94 and has only had the starter rebuilt twice (once pretty recently).  That has been the only things that have gone wrong.   Gotta say with my Tahoe or (any other vehicle we've had), it's been many things.....   "I love what you do for me Toyota"  :-)



Carter getting ready to swim

Carlee just having fun at the beach

Carter



I taped up two of Jay's old blueprints on the shed, set a drop cloth underneath, put a few plates down, added some washable paint, gave the kids a squishy ball and let the kids roll the balls in the paint and THROW.  Great outdoor activity!!  They looked so neat that I decided to frame one of them.  Besides the kids' pictures, I think it's the best piece on the wall!

We started off with Carlee in her dress......

now just the diaper.....

thanks goodness that we took the dress off!!!

all finished!

goin' back for more   :-)

Carlee helping clean up after making zucchini bread

that's why she didn't want to get out of the truck!!

Carlee playing with her dish set

 Carter & Jay with their finished boat project

Carlee and I giving ourselves a home pedicure

Carter

Carter & Auntie Barbie

Me with the kiddos on my birthday

I'm old!!

Marissia & Penny

Goofy girl!

What a smile!!

My 5-yr old and his buddy getting ready to go to Pizza Hut for his birthday lunch.

Carter & Sawyer

The boys playing video games

It's no professional cake, but his only request was that it was green.  Therefore, I added  about  6 drops of green food coloring to the finished batter and stirred 'til well blended.  He thought it was pretty cool!

An addition to his leapster explorer .  He loves playing with it!

While getting the "Walk the Plank" game together for Carter's party, I caught Carlee bringing her bumble-bee pillow and blanket outside.  (She knows that they should stay in the house.)  Couldn't help but want to go and grab the camera.  :-)

Carter shooting his new BB gun he received at his birthday party.
Yikes!!  

Carlee hand-in-hand with Grandma at Irvin Park.

She got a kick out of the sheep making noises. 

Grandpa, Grandma & Carlee by one of the tigers.


Late Tuesday night, I decided that I was going to take the kids to the Splash Pad in Wausau the following day.  I kept promising Carter we'd go sometime this summer....had to keep my promise.  :-)  They had so much fun!!  I wish I would've gone to this sooner.  Can't beat the price.....$0.50 each person!  After they finally had enough, we decided to take a ride on the train at Marathon Junction (which goes around the Splash Pad and part of Marathon County Park).  We had an afternoon of fun, all for $4.50.  I couldn't believe it!!










This video clip of Carter is SOOOO hilarious!  
Didn't realize how funny it was until I watched it on a bigger screen.
(Note:  Turn off the music at the bottom of this page before viewing video.)


Video clip of Carlee playing at the Splash Pad
(Note:  Turn off the music at the bottom of this page before viewing video.)







Captured a hug!!

Next is the Edgar Steam Engine Days.........


1 comment:

  1. really sweet, wonderful fun times.
    love you guys , keep them comming

    ReplyDelete