Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall Yall!

I haven’t taken too many pictures lately. I know…what’s wrong with me?  I’m falling behind.  It’s getting much cooler out these days.  I didn’t have my weekly mow yesterday that I’ve done all summer!  That part is nice, but that just tells me we are inching closer to the snow and I don’t really want that!  Carlee had a play date yesterday and she had so much fun!  The whole morning she was asking to go to Taelyn’s house.  You’ll have to check out the pictures and video below. I started potty training with this little girl just after school started and it’s not going so well.  She’s VERY stubborn.  I thought girls were supposed to be easier!?  Anybody else have a hard time with a girl?  I’ve rewarded her with stickers and skittles just for sitting on the potty (because she was kicking and screaming not to), but actually doing the duty hasn’t really worked yet.  I take a break with it every few days because she gets pretty irritated about the interruptions of going potty.  I don’t want her to have a negative outlook on using the potty.  Yesterday we had a better day with it, but if anybody has any unique ways they have tried and it’s been successful, please tell me!
Carter has had a rough couple weeks at school adjusting to the new rules.  He’s come home with a few behavior slips for being too loud and fooling around.  Hopefully we can get that under control soon.  We were warned that this teacher is a little tough on those rambunctious boys, so hopefully it works.  I just don’t want him to start disliking school because of it.  He never had any problems or notes sent home last year and I always thought he's been a pretty good kid.  Yesterday was his turn to take snacks, so I made a Halloween Snack Mix; I mixed a couple batches of homemade caramel popcorn (thanks, Mom!) and mixed in peanuts, cashews, raisins, candy corn and Indian corn.  I thought it turned out pretty good.  A project I thought would go pretty fast, but ended up taking a couple of hours.  Oh well, the popcorn turned out really tasty!


Carter not happy about the apology letter he had to write.

Taelyn & Carlee waiting for us to leave so they can jump on Taelyn's bed again.  

Rylee, Taelyn & Carlee playing 'ring around the rosie'.  I know it's blurry, but it shows how much fun they're having!

Short clip of the girls playing 'ring around the rosie'.
(Don't forget to turn the music off at the bottom of the page before viewing.)

Finally, time to relax a little.


Short clip of Carlee singing the "Baby Bumblebee" song.  
She's being pretty shy throughout the video, but it's still pretty cute.
(Don't forget to turn the music off at the bottom of the page before viewing.)



No comments:

Post a Comment