Friday, March 4, 2011

Interesting Week


We've had a normal, but interesting week so far. 

Tuesday, I was able to join Carter and his 4K friends to the Woodson Museum and the Grand Theater in Wausau.  While watching "Giggle Giggle Quack", the characters were eating pizza and one of them burps when they are finished.  Laughing, Cater looks over to me and says, "He didn't even say 'excuse me.'"   Another boy, while on the bus ride looks at me and says, "Fazoli's has the best food EVER!"  Kids this age are so funny!  Thankfully, my dad and Nadine were able to watch Miss Carlee while I was chaperoning. Thank you!!!
Tuesday night, Carter decides to lock his door because he doesn't want Carlee getting in to play with his toys.  We figure he must've slammed it pretty hard, because you're not supposed to be able to shut this door while it's locked.  We didn't have any keys (it takes those old-fashioned skeleton keys), and no other way to get in; the hinges of the door are in the inside; windows locked.  Tried picking lock on my own (non-mechanical & non-patient me) to no avail.  Therefore, just decided to wait until Jay got home, which wouldn't be until Wednesday night.  (He was manning the Meyer Buildings booth at the Eau Claire Farm Show and staying with his dad in Bloomer Tuesday night.) I called him and told him what's going on and asked him to stop at a hardware store to see if he can buy a skeleton key.  The following night, he comes home without a key; he forgot to stop.  He trys to pick the lock; no such luck (yay! at least he couldn't do it either).  The following day, he stops at the hardware store in Marathon and gets two different skeleton keys and neither one fits.  So now we figure the only way to get in is to break down the door.  Fortunately, he kept pushing the door harder and harder and it just popped open!
Thursday, I woke up not feeling good at all, so that day continued as worthless.  My dad stops by in the evening with his semi-truck after a couple inches of fresh snow and gets stuck on his way out.  With a little help from Jay, a plow truck and chains, he was able to get out pretty quick.
Quite an interesting week for one of my first posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment