Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's been busy lately, but I sure didn't take enough pictures to show it.  :-)  


It was a spur of the moment decision, but I decided I wanted the bathroom painted, finally.  So we worked on that project on and off throughout the last week.  Earlier this week, I had to take a very important phone call....one where I couldn't have the kids yelling or fighting in the background.  Therefore, I went outside and sat in the car. (Anybody else ever do that?)  Afraid to see what five minutes would do, I came back inside to find Carlee with the bag of bagels in one hand and her holding a bagel with one finger in the bagel hole, nibbling away like a little mouse.  I wish I would've had the camera with me at that moment, but I got the next best thing.....a picture of the bagel when she decided she was finished (see below).  Another Carlee moment happened tonight while I was making snacks for Carter's "snack day".  Usually, if she's not at my heels, I know she's probably into something.  I seen the bathroom light was on and realized she found my makeup (the kind in the pump). She didn't choose to put it on herself, but she did decide it would look better smeared on my 3-day old paint.  No soap and water took it off either!  Thankfully, Lysol all-purpose cleaner did the job and it didn't take off my fresh paint.  So of course, she had to stay by me from that point on.  Trying to get these snacks made, I still wasn't paying enough attention to her, but she was playing in drawers so I figured everything would be okay.  Wrongo!!  I go to look for my handy dandy measuring spoon and it's missing.  Need I say more?  I still haven't found it.  I swear whatever this girl touches goes straight to the Bermuda Triangle, because there have been so many things she's had lately and somehow they just disappear.  I don't even want to know what she's going to be like as a teenager!  Some say if they're rotten toddlers, they grow up to be very good teenagers (which is how I was, right Ma?....I still blame Angie and Terry Jr for all those things....lol)  Others say that it'll always stay the same.  I'm hoping she takes after me in this case...    

Carter helping out with the paint job.  I think he did better than I ever have.

Carlee's bagel, as described above.

Carlee watching the snow come down.

I took this picture almost as soon as she stepped outside.  It truly shows her expression because she was in such awe of the first snowfall. I think it was the longest she's stood still since she learned how to walk.  

Had to get the big guns (aka tractor) out to get this snowman's stomach on.  :-)

Carter climbing the snowman.

He's such a good builder.

Carlee just sticking her tongue out to be funny.

Our first snowman of the season.  Yes, I know Carlee doesn't have any socks/shoes on.  She wanted to come back in the house before I could grab my camera, but I had to get her in the picture.

Carter's idea to sit on the snowman's head.  Not quite the hat I'd choose, but  original.  I'm just glad it didn't break.

Frosty turned out pretty good.  Although, he is positioned right in front of our front porch area and when we come down from upstairs....that's all you see out the front door.  He startled me just a bit when I came down stairs in the middle of the night.  The moon was so bright out last night, the snowman just glistened, and I guess you could say it just took me by surprise a little bit.  :-)  I'm sure he'll be melted away soon, but I'm sure the kids will have a blast making another.

2 comments:

  1. Wow you really do have a busy life, lol
    I wonder and maybe some others friends and family
    wonder how you can do such a great job on this blog , plus being a wonderful mom,and a busy little adorable wife. A loving daughter, a helping hand sister. Wow just wow you have turn out to be amazing women.
    And I forgive you as a child. lol you guys only did things that children do. Thanks again this was very nice. love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete