Thursday, April 7, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

So, I haven’t forgotten about my blog lately.  It’s just been very busy.  My newest project is transferring all of my Home Videos to DVDs.  This has been quite a deal to tackle with the kids around!  I don’t get to work on it much during the day, so I stay up as late as I can keep my eyes open so I can complete it all.  I’m borrowing my cousin’s recorder, so I’m trying to get it all done as soon as possible.  (Plus, I don’t enjoy having that TV on my kitchen counter along with all the media lying around.)  I started out with several VHS tapes and more of the 8MM tapes than I’d rather count.  Currently, I have completed 14 discs; maybe only have a couple left.  It’ll be so nice when it’s all completed.  Such a space saver… and the way each clip can have its own title on the DVD menu…..ahhhh…  Organization makes me so happy!

Last weekend, we also had our dishwasher installed, finally!  It’s only been sitting here for about 2 months just waiting for someone to install “him”. (I’ll call it a “him” because it’s about time a “him” does the dishes!  J)  A BIG thanks goes out to Larry & Rhonda!

It looks like we might hit 70 degrees on Saturday.  Too bad it’ll be raining too, but it is progress!  What a LOOOOONG winter!   Can’t wait to plant flowers!!


Carter giving Carlee a ride on the tricycle.

Carter making sand castles


The Flying Nun

Getting ready to cut the countertop to go above the dishwasher.

Carter, Grandpa & Carlee hanging out in the basement while Jay is working.

Carlee putting on Grandma's shoes and walking around. 
I think you have some big shoes to fill, Carlee.....


My dishwasher installing crew, minus the midget.  lol

Jay and Carlee hanging out on the couch.

And Carter had to join in on the fun.

Carter about to smooch his sissy.

The "Carlee" sandwich.  Her face says it all.....

1 comment: