Saturday, April 23, 2011

More Family Time

Okay, so we had another Easter dinner, but at my dad & Nadine's.  I didn't realize we were going to attend the get-together until last minute.  It was Friday, so just the kids and I took the trip to the big town of Ogema.  It was nice to see Terri and Jack this time.  I knew the boys would like to play together, so that was one of my main reasons for going.  Carter loves visiting people, and they hadn't seen each other in a while so it was the perfect opportunity.

Jared getting a lesson on how to carve a turkey.

Carlee at the Ogema School park

Jared.....you think he would have learned from last week!


Jack playing at the Ogema School park.

Hanna, Angie, Emma, Carlee and Dad

Emma being twisted in the swing from Grandpa, far left
Carlee swinging

Carter on the monkey bars

Carlee and me

Hanna, Angie and Emma

Angie and me

Our Angie sandwich
me, ang and dad

Dad with all the girls....Hanna not looking too happy, Carlee and Emma

Here are the photogenic ones, Emma & Carlee


Emma posing

I finally got one of Hanna by blowing her hair.

me with Emma and Carlee

Added one more

My dad with the four young 'uns.


**********

Carlee obsessed with her toe jam.

Carter and I made these little worms to put on top of our pencils.

I like chocolate cake.

Carter having his cake.


Carter singing "I'm a Mess" specifically about Carlee because of her "mess" with her cake.

**********
Earlier in the week, the kids and I planted some flower seeds.  First step was to cover our table with one of Jay’s old bed sheets (the “A” Team ….lol)  We planted Moss Roses, African Daisies, Shasta Daisies, English Daisies (I’m seeing a pattern….can you tell I like daisies?) and Cosmos.  We’re not that far into it and Carter tells me “This is boring.”  Well, I can see from his point of view how it could be boring right now , but I explained to him that it will be exciting as we watch the seeds grow into beautiful flowers which we will plant in our flower bed when the weather warms up a bit.  Carlee lost interest in the whole process after I wouldn’t allow her to dump potting mix onto the floor.

Getting ready to plant flower seeds.

me showing Carlee where to put the seed starting mix
Carter watching

us 3

planting more in peat pots too

**********

Should have posted this one last week of Carter bowling.

**********


Carlee started singing the “A, B, C’s” this week also.   You probably can’t completely understand what she is saying as much as I can, but go ahead and sing the tune yourself and you can probably follow along with her okay. 


Carlee trying to sing her "A, B C's"

2 comments:

  1. Have I told you how much I enjoy reading and looking, and watching these videos. Well If I haven't , Oh they so make my dad a happy one. You are so wonderful to do this. I am so far away...but I am able to keep up with ya all on here. Thank you again Bev. I love you...Your Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks Mom. I was hoping you'd enjoy the blog BECAUSE your are so far away. I'm glad you're able to keep up with viewing my posts. Love and miss you too! <3

    ReplyDelete