Thursday, April 14, 2011

Snow Be Gone



Thankfully, the majority of last week's storms and tornadoes missed us; others not so lucky.  Wasn't it a beautiful day on Sunday, though?  It was sure nice to be outside without a jacket.
We have Carter all ready to go with T-Ball.  We signed him up last week.  He’ll have practices and games the last week of June and through the month of July.  How exciting!  Yet I can't believe how soon this all happened.  We went to Fleet Farm and picked up the gear he’ll need to start practicing.  He’s a natural athlete….gotta say he does pretty well.  He needs to practice catching with the glove, though.  So fun to watch him learn.  Daddy has been doing pretty good at practicing with him.  Of course, he's also been shootin' some hoops since the snow has melted off our court.  It won't be long and he'll be starting that soon too.



As you can see the t-ball stand not only fell apart here, it broke on his first hit!
We ended up making two trips to fleet farm and exchanged the broken one for a much better one.



Carter carries all of his T-ball gear from the garage to the field with his wheel barrow.  So creative!




Watch the video of Carter's version of "I'm a Mess" by the Laurie Berkner Band


Carter’s lyrics (he’s jumping the whole time, so it may sound a little distorted):  I’m a mess, I’m a mess, from the north to the south to the east to the west, what I am is a really really really big mess.  I try to get dressed and I make a mess and I jump in the puddles and can you guess?  oh oh….i made a big mess..i’m a mess, I’m a mess, from the north to the south to the east to the west, what I am is a really really really big mess.




CARLEE @ RIB FALLS PARK

Carlee has enjoyed the outdoors lately.  I have especially liked the fact that I don’t have to put all of her snow gear on.  Man, that was time consuming.   I walked, with Carlee in the stroller, to Rib Falls Park on Tuesday and she had a lot of fun on the slide.  She wasn’t afraid to go all on our own.  She even went on the tornado slide; that one took a little convincing but once she did it, she kept going and going like the Energizer bunny.  Even though we stayed an hour, she still screamed when it was time to leave.  You’d think she’d fall asleep in the stroller on the way home, but nooooo, not Carlee.






some wild hair goin' on




Carlee also experienced playing with the bubble packaging.  Check out that video below.





Yesterday, upon Carter’s request, we made Funny-Face Pizzas, which he saw in his magazine “Highlights”.  Mine don’t look as pretty, but they still turned out tasty.  We used pepperoni slices and olives for the eyes, a piece of broccoli for the nose and sliced red pepper for the smile.




It might be a little late for my bluebirds first nesting, but we finally have a couple of houses up.  Thanks, Jay  :-)  I set out the oranges yesterday, as well as emptying the already-built sparrow nest once.  I know I have to go out and do it again today.  I finally had bluebirds in Medford the summer before we left...now I have to do it all over again.  




We have a busy weekend ahead of us.  Saturday: off to Medford for a birthday party for Morgan, one of Carter’s old daycare buddies.  We haven't seen them since Halloween.  They get to go bowling at the Sports Page!  Then later on that day, we have Ty Heikkinen’s 6th birthday party in Brantwood.  The boys always have so much fun!  Once Piper is up and walking, I’m sure the girls will "hit it off" also. Knowing how Carlee is though, she’d probably have just as much fun hanging out with the boys.  Sounds like we’ll be staying the night because we have to be up to Phillips Sunday morning, so it wouldn't make much sense going back home.  We are having our early Easter dinner with my dad and Nadine, Angie and her family, and Bobz.  So, watch for more pictures soon!

Now that it's just about Easter, it also reminds me that it's been over one year now since I've seen my mom.  That's been kinda weird....miss and love ya, Ma!  Can't wait 'til you come to visit this summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment